DannyBres
Sep 2, 02:31 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20100902-ck2rg4yp5r33bj11r9m6nes817.jpg
photo on tv changes every 120 seconds! :)
photo on tv changes every 120 seconds! :)
k1121j
May 1, 11:29 AM
all i know if they let you store video and music they better offer gobs of space or it wont work for me i have Well over 500 GB of iTunes purchases and my total media lib it nearing 2TB i would pay for this service if it offers streaming... after a recent close call with my Drobo and thanks to apple to letting me redownload all my purchases from the dawn of time i lost only a few hundred GB of data however my main machine is an iMac that has a 3TB drive and backing up to my drobo after i hit 3TB i dont know what to do or where to store it all and back it up.
is anyone else running in to this problem
is anyone else running in to this problem

Neolithium
Apr 8, 05:55 PM
Nothing special this month.
zen.state
Mar 27, 01:36 PM
Would you recommend any of the cleaning compounds to remove the old thermal paste or can I just give it a scrub?
Several suppliers sell a kit of arctic silver 5 & cleaner like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-5-ArctiClean-Thermal-remover-puri-/160548177539?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item25616ac683#ht_1338wt_1141
Worthwhile?
In my experience paste can easily be whipped off without cleaner. On the CPU itself I use my finger after touching metal to ground myself. I don't trust chemical cleaners on my computer components no matter how good they claim to be. One wipe with each of about 3 fingers gets it all off. Make sure you wash your hands before and after doing that.
For the heatsink I would use a kleenex made just slightly damp with warm water. The dampness should be so minimal that you can't even squeeze one drop out of it. If any faint bits are left on the chip itself you can use the same barley damp kleenex technique. Do both with the kleenex folded into a small square and be sure to use very little force on the CPU. I have been doing exactly this for years.
Several suppliers sell a kit of arctic silver 5 & cleaner like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-5-ArctiClean-Thermal-remover-puri-/160548177539?pt=Computing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR&hash=item25616ac683#ht_1338wt_1141
Worthwhile?
In my experience paste can easily be whipped off without cleaner. On the CPU itself I use my finger after touching metal to ground myself. I don't trust chemical cleaners on my computer components no matter how good they claim to be. One wipe with each of about 3 fingers gets it all off. Make sure you wash your hands before and after doing that.
For the heatsink I would use a kleenex made just slightly damp with warm water. The dampness should be so minimal that you can't even squeeze one drop out of it. If any faint bits are left on the chip itself you can use the same barley damp kleenex technique. Do both with the kleenex folded into a small square and be sure to use very little force on the CPU. I have been doing exactly this for years.
more...
redAPPLE
Sep 30, 03:14 PM
there is still lotus notes? unbelievable. i know people use it. but i thought they are still using the outdated version.
McGiord
Apr 9, 02:50 PM
dont bother with Tempest, I d/l'd for ipad 2 and the graphics are horrible. very dissapointing.
There are 2 versions: the console version and the arcade machine version.
The console one is terrible.
There are 2 versions: the console version and the arcade machine version.
The console one is terrible.
more...

sikuss
Apr 5, 06:07 PM
Could I get a link to this picture please?
The front end issues will likely continue for most of the season, it seems to be a trait with the bike, not a setup problem.
Sure (http://image.motorcyclistonline.com/f/30803255/122_1103_01_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_team_qatar_motogp_test+.JPG.jpg)
Just puzzles me since they had Stoner complaining about it last year too...
The front end issues will likely continue for most of the season, it seems to be a trait with the bike, not a setup problem.
Sure (http://image.motorcyclistonline.com/f/30803255/122_1103_01_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_team_qatar_motogp_test+.JPG.jpg)
Just puzzles me since they had Stoner complaining about it last year too...
Salacion
Apr 6, 12:33 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/07/504x_whatsapetabyte.gif
more...

AdrianK
Apr 17, 03:30 AM
Great result there! just wondering how did you get the tiger dock in SL... I've tried to find out a way to get it, but never found such a perfect result. it looks exactly as the tiger one: Is that a theme or have you replaced some files in the library?
It's this (http://lukeedee.deviantart.com/gallery/24453858#/d2xadpl) one from Deviantart. I was so happy when I found it, but it turns out the it makes a 100px region around the Dock (to the left, right and centre) completely unusable. Neither the mouse or two finger scrolling works in that region, but I didn't know it was the dock causing that at the time.
I've now settled on this:
http://d.pr/6TYC+
Not very Tiger-ish, but it looks alright. It's SL's 2D dock with white indicators and white separator bar. Archive is here (http://d.pr/QmRq), copy to the Dock.app's resources folder (you'll have to delete the originals first).
It's this (http://lukeedee.deviantart.com/gallery/24453858#/d2xadpl) one from Deviantart. I was so happy when I found it, but it turns out the it makes a 100px region around the Dock (to the left, right and centre) completely unusable. Neither the mouse or two finger scrolling works in that region, but I didn't know it was the dock causing that at the time.
I've now settled on this:
http://d.pr/6TYC+
Not very Tiger-ish, but it looks alright. It's SL's 2D dock with white indicators and white separator bar. Archive is here (http://d.pr/QmRq), copy to the Dock.app's resources folder (you'll have to delete the originals first).
Unspeaked
Nov 30, 10:01 AM
Tower Records doesn't exist anymore.
My point exactly - something like Napster probably had more than a little to do with this fact...
My point exactly - something like Napster probably had more than a little to do with this fact...
more...
NewMacOldGuy
Jun 19, 04:57 PM
Here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=939622&highlight=mayfair

Necross
Apr 6, 01:05 PM
So what comes next after Petabyte? the Omgbyte?
more...
WillEH
Mar 27, 08:26 PM
This is really funny. Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm the infamous seller! :) How are you guys. It's funny that most people here are laughing about the stupidity of others like myself.
But anyway, this is in no way illegal. I would know, being a student of law. In addition, eBay AND PayPal have sided with me on this matter MULTIPLE times. The only time PayPal sided with the buyer was when they claimed they never got it and I had no shipping proof. The item is accurately described, end of story. Stop crying about it and be more responsible.
Just an ending note, I've made over $2,000 doing this before and used it to buy two amazing Les Pauls. ;)
Thanks!
- Dan
Keyboard lawyer! Just supports my claim that everyone on the internet is a lawyer!
But anyway, this is in no way illegal. I would know, being a student of law. In addition, eBay AND PayPal have sided with me on this matter MULTIPLE times. The only time PayPal sided with the buyer was when they claimed they never got it and I had no shipping proof. The item is accurately described, end of story. Stop crying about it and be more responsible.
Just an ending note, I've made over $2,000 doing this before and used it to buy two amazing Les Pauls. ;)
Thanks!
- Dan
Keyboard lawyer! Just supports my claim that everyone on the internet is a lawyer!
Reao
Feb 1, 12:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QA1oo.jpg
Love it! :D
Love it! :D
more...
todd2000
Oct 2, 10:32 PM
Mine for now, I just set up GeekTool, and don't want to change the wallpaper, and have to re-do everything!
The wallpaper is an old one from the Digital Blasphemy free gallery, I can upload it if anyone wants, but it might not be the right resolution.
The wallpaper is an old one from the Digital Blasphemy free gallery, I can upload it if anyone wants, but it might not be the right resolution.
spillproof
Aug 2, 08:11 AM
I went cartoony this month. I'm cycling through about 10 off David Lanham's (http://dlanham.com/art/threadtroll/) site.
I discovered him through an article (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/geek-artist-making-50-caricatures-over-facetime-4/) about his awesome Facetime sketches. Too bad he is booked until next year :( I really want one.
http://i30.tinypic.com/90a5y0.jpg
I discovered him through an article (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/geek-artist-making-50-caricatures-over-facetime-4/) about his awesome Facetime sketches. Too bad he is booked until next year :( I really want one.
http://i30.tinypic.com/90a5y0.jpg
more...

milbournosphere
Dec 28, 03:20 PM
An early gift from my parents.
One of my gifts was the bowl game that you were watching. First SDSU bowl win in many years. It's too bad the Chargers didn't follow suit...
Anyways, Christmas presents! My main gift was a nice Citizen eco-drive watch from my girlfriend. I also got cash, a nice bottle of scotch and a cool little toy RC chopper to supplement the four channel one I already have. Had some fun times buzzing the pet cat!
One of my gifts was the bowl game that you were watching. First SDSU bowl win in many years. It's too bad the Chargers didn't follow suit...
Anyways, Christmas presents! My main gift was a nice Citizen eco-drive watch from my girlfriend. I also got cash, a nice bottle of scotch and a cool little toy RC chopper to supplement the four channel one I already have. Had some fun times buzzing the pet cat!
gt1948
Jun 14, 08:50 AM
Store opens at 7am per AT&T memo. Preordered mine 6/9
Plan on being in the line at 7am FRIDAY� :D:D:D:D
BTW Popeyes fried chicken right next door.....;););)
Plan on being in the line at 7am FRIDAY� :D:D:D:D
BTW Popeyes fried chicken right next door.....;););)

Necross
Apr 6, 12:58 PM
On December 12, 2012, this system is going to become self aware and kill us all. It's true, I read it on the internet.
braddouglass
Apr 6, 03:39 PM
Wrong;
1 petabyte = 1*048*576 gigabytes
Google it
So I googled it. and It says. 1 PB is 1000 TB sooooo. Wrong?
1 petabyte = 1*048*576 gigabytes
Google it
So I googled it. and It says. 1 PB is 1000 TB sooooo. Wrong?
antiDesign
Jan 15, 02:38 PM
Does anybody know what "Bobcat" was that Garmin talked about having at MacWorld?
paul4339
Apr 13, 12:30 PM
I think they invented that.
... fashion industry
... fashion industry
TopToffee
Oct 10, 08:01 AM
I'd rather pay and get upgrades than have the developer abandon the app because it isn't profitable to do anymore free updates. What should Loren do when everyone that will buy Tweetie already has it? Develop updates out of the goodness of his heart?
The app store has a problem, and that's the amount of crap and cheapness of that crap. It drives the price of everything down. Factor in that ALL upgrades are free and you have a major problem for devs. You can sell an app once to each user, at next to nothing cost, and that's all you get. Yes, initially it's good when you're selling 100K apps a week but what happens when everyone's bought your app? The app store has a sustainability problem, and it will soon rear it's ugly head.
Compare it to desktop software where even the most basic apps cost $10+ and all upgrades are paid.
I'm quite happy to pay Loren �1.79 every 8-12 months for his work on Tweetie because frankly it's amazing and �1.79 is pretty much nothing.
The problem with most whambulance drivers such as yourself is pretty much the same problem with society at large. You only care about yourself and what you can get for yourself regardless if it's at the expense of others. You have no social responsibility. People's inability to look past their own nose and care about others is really quite pathetic. You don't care if Loren gets paid for his work, or for a sustainable app store. Rather you simply care for how cheaply you can get apps and updates. The self-centredness, the "me me me"-ness of society has become quite a problem IMO.
Hear f'n hear
The app store has a problem, and that's the amount of crap and cheapness of that crap. It drives the price of everything down. Factor in that ALL upgrades are free and you have a major problem for devs. You can sell an app once to each user, at next to nothing cost, and that's all you get. Yes, initially it's good when you're selling 100K apps a week but what happens when everyone's bought your app? The app store has a sustainability problem, and it will soon rear it's ugly head.
Compare it to desktop software where even the most basic apps cost $10+ and all upgrades are paid.
I'm quite happy to pay Loren �1.79 every 8-12 months for his work on Tweetie because frankly it's amazing and �1.79 is pretty much nothing.
The problem with most whambulance drivers such as yourself is pretty much the same problem with society at large. You only care about yourself and what you can get for yourself regardless if it's at the expense of others. You have no social responsibility. People's inability to look past their own nose and care about others is really quite pathetic. You don't care if Loren gets paid for his work, or for a sustainable app store. Rather you simply care for how cheaply you can get apps and updates. The self-centredness, the "me me me"-ness of society has become quite a problem IMO.
Hear f'n hear
z4n3
Apr 20, 05:34 PM
victory? Apple is at war?
:d
:d
No comments:
Post a Comment