
EBreakingWave
Oct 3, 01:24 PM
:)

Lacero
Feb 12, 10:58 PM
I guess, "Imagine a Beowulf cluster of MR mods..." would be out of the question too? LOL. ;)
bobbytomorow
Aug 2, 04:46 PM
Nice. Got links to some of the stuff? User folder icons and system files to make the list like that?
:)
For the icons I am using Flurry (http://iconfactory.com/search/freeware/flurry) for my entire system. There is a total of 5 packs you can find in that link. And for others like specific folders and apps you can find a lot on DeviantArt (http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/icons/?qh=§ion=&q=flurry)
As for the stacks list view I use Tinkertool (http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html). Its a free app for accessing hidden OS X features, just click on the "dock" tab and beside "stacks" tick off "use large, grid-like style for list view"
:)
For the icons I am using Flurry (http://iconfactory.com/search/freeware/flurry) for my entire system. There is a total of 5 packs you can find in that link. And for others like specific folders and apps you can find a lot on DeviantArt (http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/icons/?qh=§ion=&q=flurry)
As for the stacks list view I use Tinkertool (http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html). Its a free app for accessing hidden OS X features, just click on the "dock" tab and beside "stacks" tick off "use large, grid-like style for list view"

gnasher729
Apr 28, 04:25 AM
There's 2 jailbreak apps for this. One creates a daemon that constantly deletes the location files. Another onewipes out the location history and then does a wipeout of each location currently.
A lot of people are saying this is no big deal. According to the hacker that found this out, a hacker can hack onto the computer that the backup is located on and find out all of your locations.
All the people saying, "I don't sell drugs so I have nothing to worry about" or "I have nothing to hide" are probably the same people who voted for homeland security.......and we can all see how good that was...NOT.
If a hacker can hack into your computer, then the first thing you need to do is not worry about this file in the iPhone backup, but worry about the fact that a hacker can hack into your computer. Get some perspective, man. If someone hacks into your computer, you should first worry about your emails being read. The hacker can go to amazon, type in your user name, "forgot password", they send it to your email address, the hacker reads it, changes the details, and orders a few big TVs on your credit card. Or they get your online banking details and empty your account. Companies have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars that way.
If a hacker can get your iPhone, or your iPhone backup, then again the first thing you need to worry about is not this file, but all the information that you stored yourself. Again, email. Web history. Address book.
The "I sell no drugs..." line is a strawman. People don't have to not worry because they are not selling drugs; for example I found by complete accident what Christmas present my wife had bought for me online, which spoilt the surprise for me (I didn't tell her, obviously). So privacy is important for completely legal and positive things like buying Christmas presents.
The point here is that this file is not something you need to worry about; in the list of things to worry about it is very, very, very far at the end of the list. If you are a drug dealer, there is very little that police could do with this file. Especially since according to what Apple has now said, it would be completely useless as evidence against you. There is a lot that they can learn from your address book, phone numbers, emails, etc., and that is what you should worry about whether you are a drug dealer, or a law obiding citizen.
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Google gives out the location of your WiFi router to anyone who knows the MAC address, so if you moved to get away from a stalker, or if you are in witness protection, then you better leave your old router at home. Try this website:
http://samy.pl/androidmap/
This is fortunately not something that _I_ have to worry about, but for some people this would be a real risk. The site locates my router within 100m and tells the world about it. It does that with every router, whether you have a phone or not. Apple keeps their database safe from hackers, Google doesn't.
A lot of people are saying this is no big deal. According to the hacker that found this out, a hacker can hack onto the computer that the backup is located on and find out all of your locations.
All the people saying, "I don't sell drugs so I have nothing to worry about" or "I have nothing to hide" are probably the same people who voted for homeland security.......and we can all see how good that was...NOT.
If a hacker can hack into your computer, then the first thing you need to do is not worry about this file in the iPhone backup, but worry about the fact that a hacker can hack into your computer. Get some perspective, man. If someone hacks into your computer, you should first worry about your emails being read. The hacker can go to amazon, type in your user name, "forgot password", they send it to your email address, the hacker reads it, changes the details, and orders a few big TVs on your credit card. Or they get your online banking details and empty your account. Companies have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars that way.
If a hacker can get your iPhone, or your iPhone backup, then again the first thing you need to worry about is not this file, but all the information that you stored yourself. Again, email. Web history. Address book.
The "I sell no drugs..." line is a strawman. People don't have to not worry because they are not selling drugs; for example I found by complete accident what Christmas present my wife had bought for me online, which spoilt the surprise for me (I didn't tell her, obviously). So privacy is important for completely legal and positive things like buying Christmas presents.
The point here is that this file is not something you need to worry about; in the list of things to worry about it is very, very, very far at the end of the list. If you are a drug dealer, there is very little that police could do with this file. Especially since according to what Apple has now said, it would be completely useless as evidence against you. There is a lot that they can learn from your address book, phone numbers, emails, etc., and that is what you should worry about whether you are a drug dealer, or a law obiding citizen.
So you go with the company that has shown that is will look for any way to make an extra buck.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more than Apple.
Google gives out the location of your WiFi router to anyone who knows the MAC address, so if you moved to get away from a stalker, or if you are in witness protection, then you better leave your old router at home. Try this website:
http://samy.pl/androidmap/
This is fortunately not something that _I_ have to worry about, but for some people this would be a real risk. The site locates my router within 100m and tells the world about it. It does that with every router, whether you have a phone or not. Apple keeps their database safe from hackers, Google doesn't.
more...
JAT
Apr 28, 11:57 AM
I wanted very much to buy an iPad 2. But after seeing the dismal display and camera quality in person, and the fact that it didn't offer anything new or exciting over the iPad 1, I decided to wait for the Android tablets to hit in force and compare them to iPad 3.
What is the reasoning behind this attitude? Is this just a toy purchase? How can you have a "need" for a device that apparently doesn't exist? And then, what happens with your needs until then?
I can just see the people on this forum, if they had been alive in 1975:
"I need a phone that I can carry with me all the time. Nobody makes one! Guess I'll just never call anybody for the next 10 years."
What is the reasoning behind this attitude? Is this just a toy purchase? How can you have a "need" for a device that apparently doesn't exist? And then, what happens with your needs until then?
I can just see the people on this forum, if they had been alive in 1975:
"I need a phone that I can carry with me all the time. Nobody makes one! Guess I'll just never call anybody for the next 10 years."
Macdaddy1129
Aug 2, 12:10 AM
Do you have a link to the original?
http://mgilchuk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d19jym3
http://mgilchuk.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d19jym3
more...

WiiDSmoker
Mar 25, 10:43 AM
So basically Apple will still have the crummy Maps.app on iOS 5.0
ghostlyorb
Nov 22, 06:05 PM
It's coming out the same day as the white iPhone ;)
So that means never?? ;)
So that means never?? ;)
more...
mpw
Sep 26, 11:39 AM
...I just don't understand this whole "he's 18 and and adult" routine. He may be 18 in the eyes of the law, but with no real life experience behind him I hardly think he can be considered mature enough to make adult decisions. What's with this whole "hey presto the law says your an adult so you your all grow up now" ??...
You may not have been but I was perfectly able to make adult decisions about my life before I was 18years old.
At 18 the law recognised that I should be capable of behaving like an adult. It is the job of parents (and society) to make sure that there children are ready to be adults by 18years, which means they should've been preparing them for these sort of decisions for years. A parent shouldn't treat a son like a child until they're 18years and then from their 18th birthday treat them as an adult.
...I walked in on mine...
As an early teen I was in the room next to mine and had to endure a night of their role-playing passion. (They�re normally quite straight laced).
Then a couple of years later when I was maybe 16/17years old I walked in on them at around 11pm in the living room. Mum sat in the arm-chair with a leg over each arm and Dad kneeling going down on her.
***shudders***
Embarrassed? Yes, all of us. Disgusted? No, couldn�t see a reason to be. Ever sat in that chair again? No ***king way! Eww.
You may not have been but I was perfectly able to make adult decisions about my life before I was 18years old.
At 18 the law recognised that I should be capable of behaving like an adult. It is the job of parents (and society) to make sure that there children are ready to be adults by 18years, which means they should've been preparing them for these sort of decisions for years. A parent shouldn't treat a son like a child until they're 18years and then from their 18th birthday treat them as an adult.
...I walked in on mine...
As an early teen I was in the room next to mine and had to endure a night of their role-playing passion. (They�re normally quite straight laced).
Then a couple of years later when I was maybe 16/17years old I walked in on them at around 11pm in the living room. Mum sat in the arm-chair with a leg over each arm and Dad kneeling going down on her.
***shudders***
Embarrassed? Yes, all of us. Disgusted? No, couldn�t see a reason to be. Ever sat in that chair again? No ***king way! Eww.
elbirth
Jan 9, 03:11 PM
This keynote was a huge letdown for me. Sure I think the iPhone looks amazing and it has me considering a switch to Cingular to get one.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
When I saw that the keynote was going to be 2 hours this time, I was super stoked. I just knew it was going to be jam-packed with new products, speed bumps on the computer lines, demos of leopard and iLife, etc. he spent 2 WHOLE HOURS talking about 2 products. I simply can't believe that. I know Steve wants to pimp out the iPhone as much as possible, but come on. Where was the "one more thing", etc? Sure there were really 3 things with the airport basestation being thrown in there without an announcement, but NOTHING that was discussed is available for immediate shipping.
I've been anticipating this for months since the announcement of quad core processors in hopes of getting an 8 core Mac Pro on order today. I've been saving up and keeping my credit clear just for that purchase and I've been extremely disappointed.
My only hope now is that since the quad cores are being released this week that they'll do a refresh soon down the line.
more...
toast4
Jul 11, 02:07 AM
i'm going at 8 in hopes of getting one without waiting all night, hopefully it works out :D
Loves2spoon
Jul 25, 06:24 PM
When playing COD sometimes I get the message that my nat is moderate.
I have a motorola modem and linksys wrt54gs v3 router.
Does anyone know the best settings for this router on xbox live for comcast?
Thanks
I have a motorola modem and linksys wrt54gs v3 router.
Does anyone know the best settings for this router on xbox live for comcast?
Thanks
more...
Elan0204
Aug 13, 07:46 PM
I don't miss the happy mac, but I think that is a great avatar. Excellent use of animation, and incorporation of the 1,000,000.

Munyak
Apr 7, 06:14 PM
1st post.
I love that Spiderman wallpaper! I'm using The Beatles - Abbey Road wallpaper right now. I saw it in this topic a few months ago. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to make an account.
Anyone have any good Batman wallpapers?
I love that Spiderman wallpaper! I'm using The Beatles - Abbey Road wallpaper right now. I saw it in this topic a few months ago. Been lurking for a while now and finally decided to make an account.
Anyone have any good Batman wallpapers?
more...
rwh202
Jan 26, 01:04 PM
Droooll....
Those 2600ks are pretty tempting. Was it hard to get to 4.8ghz?
Ridiculously easy!
I just set the multiplier to 48, core voltage to 1.35, everything else on auto and it just worked!
4.4GHz worked with stock voltages (the chips automatically over-volt themselves up to a point using a dynamic Vid)
I've since had to increase Vcore to 1.37 and Vtt to 1.21 to get the RAM to 1600.
However, i couldn't get any faster without much higher voltages (and heat!) - 4.9GHz required 1.5V. I think later bios versions with PLL over-volting work better, but I'm stuck with the old bios until Gigabyte release a Q-Flash version or I can work out how to do it in Linux.
Rob
Those 2600ks are pretty tempting. Was it hard to get to 4.8ghz?
Ridiculously easy!
I just set the multiplier to 48, core voltage to 1.35, everything else on auto and it just worked!
4.4GHz worked with stock voltages (the chips automatically over-volt themselves up to a point using a dynamic Vid)
I've since had to increase Vcore to 1.37 and Vtt to 1.21 to get the RAM to 1600.
However, i couldn't get any faster without much higher voltages (and heat!) - 4.9GHz required 1.5V. I think later bios versions with PLL over-volting work better, but I'm stuck with the old bios until Gigabyte release a Q-Flash version or I can work out how to do it in Linux.
Rob
Mr_Brightside_@
May 2, 03:17 PM
Hey, for the past few days I've been trying to search using Advanced Search (so I can specify the Forum) and have received the following error (attached). I've also attached the input I give the search.
Any ideas?
Any ideas?
more...
.jpg)
vollspacken
Dec 30, 04:59 PM
hmm, does anyone know if Applefritter (http://www.applefritter.com/) is dead/abandoned?
the site hasn't been updated for ages... pretty sad, I always enjoyed the weirdo mods... maybe people have moved on to the revamped Macmod.com (http://www.macmod.com/)??? :confused:
vSpacken
the site hasn't been updated for ages... pretty sad, I always enjoyed the weirdo mods... maybe people have moved on to the revamped Macmod.com (http://www.macmod.com/)??? :confused:
vSpacken
The.316
Sep 1, 06:49 AM
That guy better look out... It looks like that cloud is getting ready to rain on his head. ;)
At least its not a block cloud lol.
At least its not a block cloud lol.
sikkinixx
Apr 15, 06:56 PM
Its just their canned introduction....its always like that. While ironic this week, it isnt always ;)
mcrain
Mar 2, 04:27 PM
I agree.
Me too.
Me too.
spatterfree
Apr 27, 07:28 AM
hi, i'm just wondering, who makes a very good sounding ipod dock, with CD player undercounter radio? most important is, good sound, and no junk, but on the cheaper side, anybody got one or tried a few that they didn't like?
iApples
Mar 27, 11:09 PM
Ebay sucks, and so does the seller. And for that matter, the people that think this is cool, to rip someone off by being deceitful,, can take a leap!
In all fairness.. people need to learn how to read. How in your right mind do you place a bid of over $400 without even READING the description. As much as this is a scam.. the guy deserves to lose the money for being stupid.
In all fairness.. people need to learn how to read. How in your right mind do you place a bid of over $400 without even READING the description. As much as this is a scam.. the guy deserves to lose the money for being stupid.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 13, 04:23 PM
Apple will never be able to be on top in terms of hardware. That is a fact. HTC and Motorolla are going to be leapfrogging that category now. What Apple needs to do is make sure people buy iOS devices for iOS. They have to be ahead there. For a phone that only releases hard once a year it will be IMPOSSIBLE to overtake the hardware market. But they can rule the soft ware realm of mobile devices.
Right now the only thing they have on android is the retina display. Which by next year with the QHD screens will not be that impressive and when they do come with a new hardware innovation one of the android makers will top it within a year.
Right now the only thing they have on android is the retina display. Which by next year with the QHD screens will not be that impressive and when they do come with a new hardware innovation one of the android makers will top it within a year.
RKpro
Apr 13, 10:59 AM
The only thing they NEED to upgrade to stay current is dropping a dual core A5 into the iPhone, and maybe NFC.
In every other respect iPhone4 is just as good as the best phones coming out this year.
In every other respect iPhone4 is just as good as the best phones coming out this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment