asif786
Aug 18, 11:13 AM
hehe yeah, personally I will never understand the appeal of coldplay. I think the best review I ever read about one of there shows was "Coldplay is a sugar overdose for the masses" :p
heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)
heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)
TrulyYuki
Apr 6, 02:20 PM
I would buy one. if it was a reasonable price.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/420/appleicar5.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/appleicar5.jpg/)
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/420/appleicar5.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/appleicar5.jpg/)
hitekalex
Apr 6, 04:57 PM
Yes, but you are limited to very low powered devices, I believe it is 10 ma or less, in effect only the SD adaptor works, to use the USB adapter you must add a self powered hub.....
Does iPhone need to be jailbroken to support SD Adapter? I was under impression Camera Connection kit only worked with iPad (power issues aside)?
Have you actually used SD Adapter with an iPhone?
Does iPhone need to be jailbroken to support SD Adapter? I was under impression Camera Connection kit only worked with iPad (power issues aside)?
Have you actually used SD Adapter with an iPhone?
LethalWolfe
May 4, 03:46 PM
Good. Pay your taxes amazon. Why should they not have to? If there were a federal law in place they would have no other options. No more tax breaks for corporations.
Don't you mean pay your taxes Amazon customers? The reprieve was on people living in SC not having to pay sales tax on things they buy via Amazon.
Lethal
Don't you mean pay your taxes Amazon customers? The reprieve was on people living in SC not having to pay sales tax on things they buy via Amazon.
Lethal
more...
compuwar
Mar 21, 03:37 AM
Hi, thanks for the responses.about the canon lenses: I use Nikon so my lenses are all black.
I'm not so sure I'd want to insulate my black lenses. An Inland Marine insurance policy is probably a much better deal.
Paul
I'm not so sure I'd want to insulate my black lenses. An Inland Marine insurance policy is probably a much better deal.
Paul
ELA2
Apr 25, 01:43 PM
Hi,
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
more...
dazzer21
Nov 25, 10:06 AM
I'm not a web developer by trade so I can't begin to comment on the methods being used; I took the decision to do it this way (with my limited knowledge!) as it seemed the simplest option, as I would have otherwise used Flash - which I didn't do for obvious reasons...
If I'd have created the page as a single image (say at 900x800px), with an all over blue background and a full colour image (for argument's sake, let's say a it's of a car) sitting in the middle third of it, the background colour would be consistent across the whole page;
if I split the image into thirds (300px across apiece), so that the outer two images are plain blue, with the middle image containing the car on the same colour background, that blue is a different hue in the middle panel compared to the two outers.
Is this because of some sort of optimisation process, where the number of colours on that image is being cut back somehow? I'm using 'Save for web and devices' and I've tried 'convert to sRGB' and 'Use Document Color Profile' but it doesn't seem to make a difference. all the relevant RGB/CMYK/LAB/Hex colours are all consistent... this is driving me nuts.
I'd post the page in question, but it's sensitive material so I can't...
If I'd have created the page as a single image (say at 900x800px), with an all over blue background and a full colour image (for argument's sake, let's say a it's of a car) sitting in the middle third of it, the background colour would be consistent across the whole page;
if I split the image into thirds (300px across apiece), so that the outer two images are plain blue, with the middle image containing the car on the same colour background, that blue is a different hue in the middle panel compared to the two outers.
Is this because of some sort of optimisation process, where the number of colours on that image is being cut back somehow? I'm using 'Save for web and devices' and I've tried 'convert to sRGB' and 'Use Document Color Profile' but it doesn't seem to make a difference. all the relevant RGB/CMYK/LAB/Hex colours are all consistent... this is driving me nuts.
I'd post the page in question, but it's sensitive material so I can't...
lostprophet894
May 9, 01:25 PM
I remember this rumor being circulated before the 3G was even released.
I don't think it'll happen and I don't think it would look good if it did.
I don't think it'll happen and I don't think it would look good if it did.
more...
alphaod
Oct 17, 04:46 PM
I usually go out with my camera and walk around taking pictures. Then I crop and make them into wallpapers.
phantomsd
Mar 11, 07:48 PM
Probably no point in going anymore huh? Dang... I didn't plan this launch day well enough!
more...
macmanlex
Jul 9, 12:07 AM
I will be taking the family to the Oxmoor Mall Apple store. Wonder if there will be a line? Hope to see some other Mac zealots there.
pagansoul
Oct 5, 11:31 AM
I want the wood ones. What are they?
You will find them here.
http://www.designboom.com/contest/view.php?contest_pk=25&item_pk=25202&p=1
You will find them here.
http://www.designboom.com/contest/view.php?contest_pk=25&item_pk=25202&p=1
more...
mayhem052
Oct 22, 08:02 PM
Ga I wish Bartlesville schools had at least a few macs that weren't from 1998. If only they new what potential could come of putting a little bit of creativity into the classroom instead of working on cheap Dells with outdated software. I mean the computers at my school don't even have Cd burners when I was writing the school paper they expected us to use floppy discs all the time. At least Apple finally put an Apple Store in Tulsa can't wait for friday.
:)
:)
iMeowbot
Aug 22, 04:03 PM
Okay, it's animated now, but that pushed the file size up from 103 to 245 octets. I hope the server can handle it.
more...
WinterMute
Jul 1, 07:34 PM
No idea yet, get onto http://www.osxaudio.com/ and ask there, we're obviously still waiting for a G5, as is everyone else, meantime, contact Digi and ask them.
railthinner
Oct 30, 04:21 PM
Apple has for a long time had HP scanners and cameras on their site--Ya know the company that sells the "e pcs." I don't this as being a lot different. I'm sure if Dell decided to get into the mp3 player market they'd dump the ipod and if Apple makes an icam, we'll see some things fly off of their pages. As it stands Dell is not only boosting Apple, but themselves by letting their potential customers know that their computers work with the worlds finest mp3 player. right? maybe
more...
ActionableMango
Apr 27, 04:30 PM
Assuming your Xbox360 has HDMI out and you already have an HDMI cable, all you need is an HDMI to DVI converter and plug in directly into the ACD. Those are very cheap. I'd get one from monoprice.com.
You do not want to put the MBP into the mix. This will be expensive and cause a lag in the display that will make playing games difficult or impossible.
You do not want to put the MBP into the mix. This will be expensive and cause a lag in the display that will make playing games difficult or impossible.
spacepower7
May 7, 12:23 AM
Download Dropbox... done.
Keep it simple to set up, it's free and works perfectly. I use it to work on docs from home, work, my laptop and my iPad.
Pay a little and get a lot more server space.
What he said
Dropbox rocks and the first 2GB are free with up to 5GB thru their referral program.
It basically sets up a folder with subfolders to sync to the cloud.
I went back to school last year and used dropbox everyday to sync files between my MacBook and Mac mini.
If I edit a word or excel file in class on my MacBook, dropbox automatically uploads the changes to the cloud. My Mac mini is running 24/7 and downloads the new edited version 10 seconds later 10 miles away from campus.
I set up my folders with their relative files in each, such as finance, accounting etc.
Sitting in class, I download my PDFs and power points from the schools server to my MacBook which instantly syncs to my home computer, works cross platform from your MacBook to your PC.
If you are all Mac, you can buy MobileMe. With the time capsule, and Back to My Mac, you can easily log into and control your home computer, such as reloading your handbrake or torrent queue. In Have both and find dropbox much better. I also have it on my iPhone and iPad.
Dropbox is what the MobileMe iDisk was meant to be, but much better and free.
Keep it simple to set up, it's free and works perfectly. I use it to work on docs from home, work, my laptop and my iPad.
Pay a little and get a lot more server space.
What he said
Dropbox rocks and the first 2GB are free with up to 5GB thru their referral program.
It basically sets up a folder with subfolders to sync to the cloud.
I went back to school last year and used dropbox everyday to sync files between my MacBook and Mac mini.
If I edit a word or excel file in class on my MacBook, dropbox automatically uploads the changes to the cloud. My Mac mini is running 24/7 and downloads the new edited version 10 seconds later 10 miles away from campus.
I set up my folders with their relative files in each, such as finance, accounting etc.
Sitting in class, I download my PDFs and power points from the schools server to my MacBook which instantly syncs to my home computer, works cross platform from your MacBook to your PC.
If you are all Mac, you can buy MobileMe. With the time capsule, and Back to My Mac, you can easily log into and control your home computer, such as reloading your handbrake or torrent queue. In Have both and find dropbox much better. I also have it on my iPhone and iPad.
Dropbox is what the MobileMe iDisk was meant to be, but much better and free.
fa8362
Mar 20, 06:06 PM
The next Mac Mini should be fine for that. If as hoped it gets a Sandy Bridge processor it'll make the MacBook Air look terribly slow in comparison for CPU intensive tasks, especially if you put a SSD in the Mini.
As for EyeTV, the current Mini isn't as powerful as many of us would like, but I find it to be adequate. Hopefully the refresh will correct this and allow smooth playing of live sport in HDTV using progressive scan.
I have EyeTV and two 2009 Minis and see no problems other than the motion problem inherent in 1080i video. Changing computers won't fix that problem.
As for EyeTV, the current Mini isn't as powerful as many of us would like, but I find it to be adequate. Hopefully the refresh will correct this and allow smooth playing of live sport in HDTV using progressive scan.
I have EyeTV and two 2009 Minis and see no problems other than the motion problem inherent in 1080i video. Changing computers won't fix that problem.
amols
Sep 29, 01:26 PM
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1048updateintel.html
Yeah...and it shows 147MB for Intel in Sofftware Update..downloading it now from software update.
Yeah...and it shows 147MB for Intel in Sofftware Update..downloading it now from software update.
Joshuarocks
Apr 3, 12:04 AM
IIRC, the Quadro is the same as the 7800, but with a port for a stereo-3D headset.
I've got a 6600 in my PowerMac G5 and it's certainly whisper quiet since it doesn't have a fan. I'm considering an upgrade to an ATI X1900, though. I've got an X1900XT in my Mac Pro at work and I'm more than modestly pleased with it, but the 6600 is more than adequate for what I need at home.
So, the Quadro fx 4500 is noisy like the 7800 GT? I mean, this 7800 GT is noisy as noise is spelt: N O I S E!!
I've got a 6600 in my PowerMac G5 and it's certainly whisper quiet since it doesn't have a fan. I'm considering an upgrade to an ATI X1900, though. I've got an X1900XT in my Mac Pro at work and I'm more than modestly pleased with it, but the 6600 is more than adequate for what I need at home.
So, the Quadro fx 4500 is noisy like the 7800 GT? I mean, this 7800 GT is noisy as noise is spelt: N O I S E!!
samywamy10
Apr 10, 06:51 AM
That looks pretty cool, although I'd agree I'd like to see pictures of all the angles, with the kickstand in and out etc.
I enjoy your website btw :).
I enjoy your website btw :).
yoyo5280
Oct 19, 02:59 AM
Im to young for meetups, but does anybody know if :apple: are doing it at shibuya store? acutely...no school GINZA YAY!
maybe
mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)
maybe
mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)
dmr727
Feb 23, 09:56 PM
OS 9 comes with a utility called Apple System Profiler. On a default installation it should be in your Apple Menu, but if it's not there do a search.
No comments:
Post a Comment