sushi
Dec 17, 09:02 AM
It looks like MJ and Mr. M gave you some great tips.
MJ was correct, I was thinking the airport side of things. But it now looks like the PB side of things.
Agree with the others, get it to Apple to be fixed. That way you'll be sure the problem is corrected.
MJ and Mr. M, great job! :D
Oh, and after you get your PB fixed, you may still have problems connecting to your Airport. In that case delete the preference file first. If that doesn't work, then I would reset the Airport and then use the Airport Setup utility to set up the Airport. Just be sure that you have your ISP data handy before you do this.
Please let us know how it work out.
Good luck!
Sushi
MJ was correct, I was thinking the airport side of things. But it now looks like the PB side of things.
Agree with the others, get it to Apple to be fixed. That way you'll be sure the problem is corrected.
MJ and Mr. M, great job! :D
Oh, and after you get your PB fixed, you may still have problems connecting to your Airport. In that case delete the preference file first. If that doesn't work, then I would reset the Airport and then use the Airport Setup utility to set up the Airport. Just be sure that you have your ISP data handy before you do this.
Please let us know how it work out.
Good luck!
Sushi
skubish
Sep 17, 08:25 PM
BART is great! yes, strange/bizarre/disgusting things can happen, as discussed in the thread tech4all referred to, but i've found it to be reliable and safe (as long as you use common sense, as already pointed out). i used to use BART to commute every day to and from work, but my current job is not anywhere near a BART line so i really only use BART nowadays when i'm going into the city.
so, yes, don't bother renting a car and just use BART. enjoy your trip to the bay area! are you going to try to make it to the apple headquarters in cupertino? BART doesn't go that far south, so you'll need to find some connecting public transportation systems to get there...
marianne
Yes I plan/hope to go to Apple HQ. I plan to get a car for part of the trip but I can either go back to the airport or pick one up at the hotel. I travel to the bay area frequently for work. This is our second vacation to the area. We are mainly going to to San Fran to go to Chinatown and the Japanese Gardens. Then we are going down Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey. The wife is in a photography class so she hopes to get some nice pictures.
Thanks
so, yes, don't bother renting a car and just use BART. enjoy your trip to the bay area! are you going to try to make it to the apple headquarters in cupertino? BART doesn't go that far south, so you'll need to find some connecting public transportation systems to get there...
marianne
Yes I plan/hope to go to Apple HQ. I plan to get a car for part of the trip but I can either go back to the airport or pick one up at the hotel. I travel to the bay area frequently for work. This is our second vacation to the area. We are mainly going to to San Fran to go to Chinatown and the Japanese Gardens. Then we are going down Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey. The wife is in a photography class so she hopes to get some nice pictures.
Thanks
snberk103
Aug 4, 09:30 AM
I didn't see any lights last night. *aww shucks*
Us either.... though I did see great falling star, and heard some owls.
ohh welll - so not a complete write off....
We'll try again tonight.
Us either.... though I did see great falling star, and heard some owls.
ohh welll - so not a complete write off....
We'll try again tonight.
tl01
Mar 12, 10:56 AM
In line again on this fine Saturday morning. About ten people at this time. 7:41am.
How many people there now?
How many people there now?
more...
28Fiend
Apr 21, 09:35 AM
http://www.ifixdirect.com/
iFixitdirect looks like they have a quality swap kit, includes everything the white iPhone has. They even mention oem quality parts and no problems with the prox sensor.
iFixitdirect looks like they have a quality swap kit, includes everything the white iPhone has. They even mention oem quality parts and no problems with the prox sensor.
Heb1228
Sep 23, 10:41 AM
With global warming, its sure to get worse next year!!!!!!!!!!!
What a load of BS.
What a load of BS.
more...
SciFrog
Oct 21, 07:49 AM
Mac and Linux.
These units need at least 8 cores (real or virtual) to run.
They are 25k points and have a very short deadline with a bonus if you send them back faster than 4 days.
These units need at least 8 cores (real or virtual) to run.
They are 25k points and have a very short deadline with a bonus if you send them back faster than 4 days.
Savage Henry
Sep 16, 04:33 PM
Just wait until more statistics are generated - then you'll see the revealing numbers.
Numbers!!???? I want more than NUMBERS ... I want the blood of the unforgiving weak minded X86 cronies who polute my eyes during every waking moment of my working hours..... :mad:
Fortunately I spend most of my work day asleep at my desk, thus quelling any urges to kill the fools ........
Second pointless rant aside, I'm gonna reckon that this may be the biggest selling PPC unit in the last 4 years, and the design of it, unlike it's 2nd gen predecessor that I love and want buried with me, gives scope for far more development of upgrade and improve.
I sense a second wave of the post '98 good times ...
Numbers!!???? I want more than NUMBERS ... I want the blood of the unforgiving weak minded X86 cronies who polute my eyes during every waking moment of my working hours..... :mad:
Fortunately I spend most of my work day asleep at my desk, thus quelling any urges to kill the fools ........
Second pointless rant aside, I'm gonna reckon that this may be the biggest selling PPC unit in the last 4 years, and the design of it, unlike it's 2nd gen predecessor that I love and want buried with me, gives scope for far more development of upgrade and improve.
I sense a second wave of the post '98 good times ...
more...
TwistedPain
May 2, 04:22 PM
What more information would you like?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
I'm not sure how many production weeks there were for the iphone 8gb. I can tell you that, this specific one was produced in July. Why are you inquiring about this info anyway?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
I'm not sure how many production weeks there were for the iphone 8gb. I can tell you that, this specific one was produced in July. Why are you inquiring about this info anyway?
zagato27
Oct 26, 07:20 PM
I haven't used this keyboard myself, but i've heard it comes pretty close to what you're looking for: http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/icekey.html
I bought one of these for my G5, love it. Looks cool and has very nice action, I seem to fly on this board! 2 USB ports (one at each end). Pretty cheap too.... $39 at Newegg I think. It gets my vote. :D
I bought one of these for my G5, love it. Looks cool and has very nice action, I seem to fly on this board! 2 USB ports (one at each end). Pretty cheap too.... $39 at Newegg I think. It gets my vote. :D
more...
bytethese
Jun 11, 11:23 AM
Do you think the online reservation scheme is to better gage how much inventory they will possibly need at any given Apple store on opening day? I would be surprised if they had 2 separate lines. One reserved and one for those who did not reserve. That would be too smooth.
Anyone else have an opinion on that?
That's exactly what AT&T is doing, 2 separate lines. One line, for pre-orders starting at 7am. The other for people who want it and haven't paid, starting at 7am. When AT&T opens for normal business hours, lines will be merged and priority given to those who pre-ordered.
This is a bit different than Apple stores tho as AT&T has taken money I believe. Apple stores simply took reservations so I wonder how that will all pan out.
Anyone else have an opinion on that?
That's exactly what AT&T is doing, 2 separate lines. One line, for pre-orders starting at 7am. The other for people who want it and haven't paid, starting at 7am. When AT&T opens for normal business hours, lines will be merged and priority given to those who pre-ordered.
This is a bit different than Apple stores tho as AT&T has taken money I believe. Apple stores simply took reservations so I wonder how that will all pan out.
tribalium
Mar 21, 06:55 AM
going CG here. Looks like a 5pm launch, when are u guys expecting to arrive then?
more...
zap2
Apr 5, 07:37 PM
Not sure if I'll pick it up...I have it for the NGC, and its a great game. Never beat it, but not sure if the Wii Remote add on would make it all that much better.
I want a new RE for the Wii...and not a rail shooter, and really RE
I want a new RE for the Wii...and not a rail shooter, and really RE
kakamobson
Apr 26, 01:27 AM
these Maps enable you to use maps offline without internet connection. This includes maps street names detail. This will give peace of mind when traveling aboard knowing you will not be charged with roaming fee. So if you live or travel in that city, it will help you much in your life.
Norway:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/norway-map/id416407270?mt=8
Marseille(France):http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marseille-map/id400166889?mt=8
Berlin(Germany)http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/berlin-map/id398454229?mt=8
Bordeaux(France):http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bordeaux-map/id398455064?mt=8
Norway:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/norway-map/id416407270?mt=8
Marseille(France):http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marseille-map/id400166889?mt=8
Berlin(Germany)http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/berlin-map/id398454229?mt=8
Bordeaux(France):http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bordeaux-map/id398455064?mt=8
more...
Surrylic
May 1, 07:25 AM
off hand i'm going to say, what's the point of getting a white iphone if you're going to put a case on it?
all though, a black bumper on a white phone looks pretty cool.
Image (http://www.gadgetsnews.co.uk/images/bumper%20black.jpg)
Well even if you use a full body case you're still going to be seeing the white front. Cases never really hide the front of the phone, which is the only part you're looking at anyway.
Back when the iP4 was first released last year and we all thought it would be a short wait for the white version (or initially that it would be on time) I was a huge fan of the bright orange bumper. I went ahead and bought the black one last July or whatever, so now I'm going to buy a white back plate to put on... but I'm leaving mine naked. I like the style of the phone way too much to put a case on now that I've had it this long and am no longer like ZOMG DO NOT TOUCH PHONE! Must keep mint condition!
all though, a black bumper on a white phone looks pretty cool.
Image (http://www.gadgetsnews.co.uk/images/bumper%20black.jpg)
Well even if you use a full body case you're still going to be seeing the white front. Cases never really hide the front of the phone, which is the only part you're looking at anyway.
Back when the iP4 was first released last year and we all thought it would be a short wait for the white version (or initially that it would be on time) I was a huge fan of the bright orange bumper. I went ahead and bought the black one last July or whatever, so now I'm going to buy a white back plate to put on... but I'm leaving mine naked. I like the style of the phone way too much to put a case on now that I've had it this long and am no longer like ZOMG DO NOT TOUCH PHONE! Must keep mint condition!
devilot
Sep 24, 01:16 PM
It sounds like he was recruited into the gaming Mafia or something!Well, the gaming community definitely gets intense in their er... 'hobby' or lifestyle. They take things �berseriously. Like the person who stabbed someone w/ a screwdriver at one exhibition event. :eek: And come on, who wouldn't take a 'game' seriously if the prize was sponsored gaming set ups from big companies and free games/software/hardware and even beaucoup cash?! :p
more...
Daedalus256
Dec 7, 04:10 PM
(edit Whoops)
Nereus
Dec 16, 06:14 PM
I pulled out the battery but there is no AirPort "door" as described in the document. What should I do now? :confused:
job
Oct 20, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by applemacdude
Not anymore...
Huh? What do you mean? :confused:
Also, where did AmbitiousLemon go?
Not anymore...
Huh? What do you mean? :confused:
Also, where did AmbitiousLemon go?
c1phr
Apr 17, 11:17 PM
If there's any advantage to paper books, it's that you can take it places anywhere and don't need a computer. I had a job where I took books with me and would read when it was slow.
This is not much of an advantage, esp with iPads and other readers.
All my reading right now is eBooks! Easier to have several books open to cross-reference stuff too.
Yea, for the most part, I'm rarely in a situation like that, but I had considered that. I'm looking at this option: I'm willing to test this first with programming books, which I generally don't read away from a computer anyway. Then I'll decide if I want to move to ebooks exclusively.
For my programming books I use ebooks for being able to search, and access them from my various machines. Its also easier to have them on my screen beside where I am coding.
That was a major reason the ebook option appealed to me, easily portable and searchable.
This is not much of an advantage, esp with iPads and other readers.
All my reading right now is eBooks! Easier to have several books open to cross-reference stuff too.
Yea, for the most part, I'm rarely in a situation like that, but I had considered that. I'm looking at this option: I'm willing to test this first with programming books, which I generally don't read away from a computer anyway. Then I'll decide if I want to move to ebooks exclusively.
For my programming books I use ebooks for being able to search, and access them from my various machines. Its also easier to have them on my screen beside where I am coding.
That was a major reason the ebook option appealed to me, easily portable and searchable.
macboy62
Oct 25, 06:37 PM
Good morning everyone,
Looks like it is going to be a wet day for queuing.
I'm heading into Tokyo in a few hours, I'll try and keep you posted as to the line at Ginza.
:)
Looks like it is going to be a wet day for queuing.
I'm heading into Tokyo in a few hours, I'll try and keep you posted as to the line at Ginza.
:)
kilidar
May 5, 03:13 PM
I smashed my 3GS few days, got the white on a 12 month contract, so longer it takes for the 5 to come out the better.
I wanted a 3G phone with wifi tethering, i4 still a top phone, get it.
I wanted a 3G phone with wifi tethering, i4 still a top phone, get it.
That-Is-Bull
Oct 26, 10:00 PM
I'm still backing up my system with SuperDuper, forgot to start it before I left. This is my first time upgrading OS X, kinda nervous.
MacHamster68
Aug 18, 03:50 AM
congrats to your iMac G3 , they are such cute little computers and not only Tiger runs well ,it is surprisingly fast if you consider that the computer is nearly 10 years old , i just love these little buggers , they are like pets but dont wee on your carpet :D
No comments:
Post a Comment